Monday, December 15, 2008

Best December in Years

For the past few weeks, I've been staying focused on how good marketing and good business can see us through external conditions. My colleague, Denise Michaels, mentioned that she's having her best December revenues in years. I was thrilled to read that after reading about her re-doubled marketing efforts because it flows right along from my way of thinking.

Yes, there is a lot of uncertainty in the world. And, yes, people need what we offer - This is a great time to get serious about telling them what we offer. Too many people in my community don't know that I do career assessments.

But in this time of job uncertainty, people need to know what they can do to 1. position themselves well in their jobs, 2. find a new job if needed, 3. figure themselves out once and for all so they can know what they really want in life. So, now I feel obligated to let people know that they can figure themselves out and be happier in their work lives. I've coasted on my marketing for far too long.

Now, it's time to get really serious about it. What about you? What attitude and actions will help your business stay strong (or strengthen) right now? How can you re-double your marketing efforts? What should you be doing today - at this precise moment?

No comments: