Sunday, February 10, 2008

Dale Jr.

Junior is back. Did you watch the Bud Shootout last night? Neither did I actually… I came home at the end of it after painting pottery with my oldest daughter. I have become a Nascar fan since getting married. I guess when you choose your spouse, you choose your sports. OK – being honest, it took me several years of marriage to really get the strategy to Nascar and auto-racing in general.

I have a soft spot for Dale Earnhardt, Jr.

Dale Earnhardt, Sr. died two weeks before my father-in-law. There was something about that accident and where it fell in our family’s life that combined with Earnhardt, Sr.’s Intimidator persona that drew me in.

So Earnhardt, Jr. is my favorite. I like the image of him carrying on the legacy. His style seems to fit his dad’s Intimidator image.

Junior has just switched racing teams as you may know. He’s now driving for Hendrick Motorsports – and maybe, just maybe Junior’s back.

Have you ever noticed how your environment shifts your mood? I just have to wonder – how much did Junior’s win last night have to do with shifting environments?

No comments: