Saturday, March 1, 2008

And now for something completely different...

When last we spoke, I was reporting on Mensa's Top Ten TV shows. And, it does seem like a hard turn from Mensa's Top Ten to my next topic - The Real Housewives of Orange County.

Apparently, one cannot live solely on high brow television, because I do greatly enjoy trashy reality tv. And, honestly, I was not expecting to find anything more than a little trash and distraction during my time with the Housewives. Imagine my surprise to hear this: "Doors don't open for you when you're closed-minded." That is a really interesting thought.

"Doors don't open for you when you're closed-minded." I like it. Now, there are plenty of closed-minded people who appear to have found opportunity. But, in general, it makes a lot of sense. There are so many people pushing away opportunity and wonderful things through their closed-mindedness and lack of awareness.

No comments: