Thursday, March 20, 2008

This is how much I like you...

My friend, Angela, just called. I invited her to stop over.

It's 1:20 pm. I've not showered, not dressed for company, have on the eyeglasses I've had since 1998 (maybe longer), hair hadn't been combed, the list goes on.

And it strikes me - this is how much I like Angela: I could go get dressed, comb my hair, and brush my teeth. But I am at ease enough to not need to. So, I got a little more dressed. I combed my hair. Cleaned yesterday's mascara out from under my eyes. And, welcomed her in...

(Of course, the fact that she came bearing Diet Coke would have trumped any dis-ease I had.)

3 comments:

Christine Rice said...

Huh! I think I'm hurt...I don't know that you've never not brushed your hair or teeth before I've came over. I'm pretty sure you've never had yesterday's mascara still under your eyes. So where does that leave me in the line of how much you like me??? :)

Dr. Leah - Consultant for Lawyers said...

Christine,

You totally rate high! Don't you remember the first day you came to help me organize? You've seen me at my most disorganized and most stressed out. That is a huge level of trust and likeability.

Christine Rice said...

Oh, yeah! I don't even think about that...that's how much I like you! :) LOL! I forget that works both ways! It doesn't matter to me how disorganized you are! OK...I believe you...you like me, you really like me!