Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Believe

"Believe, when you are most unhappy, that there is something for you to do in the world. So long as you can sweeten another's pain, life is not in vain."
Helen Keller


"Believe your life is worth living and your belief will help create that fact."
William James


“Nurture your mind with great thoughts; to believe in the heroic makes heros.”
Benjamin Disraeli



It is quite possible that I have lived my life based on these principles, without having the words for it. "So long as you can sweeten another's pain, life is not in vain." What a great statement.



I've had several conversations lately about life purpose. And, quite frankly, seemingly contradictory opinions coexist easily in my head. I do believe that we are born with meaning and purpose inherent in us. And, I believe that we create our own existence.

I believe that we have a soul and a purpose. And, I also believe that it is up to each of us to decide how to live out that purpose. We have to create our lives.

The question is, if you don't know what your purpose in life is, do you want to learn?

No comments: